Applications are invited from Indian nationals for admission into 2 years’ Diploma in Elementary Education (D. El. Ed) Course in the following Government, Government Sponsored and Government Aided Primary Teachers’ Training Institutes (PTTIs)/District Institutes of Education & Training (DIETs) recognized by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) and affiliated to the West Bengal Board of Primary Education (WBBPE) in the session 2011-2013.
List of Primary Teachers’ Training Institutes (PTTIs)/District Institutes of Education & Training (DIETs) recognized by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) and affiliated to the West Bengal Board of Primary Education (WBBPE)
- District Institute of Education & Training, PO. Banipur, Dist: North 24 Parganas, Tel: 03216-271480, (Co-educational, residential),
- District Institute of Education & Training, (upgraded Prajnananda Govt. PTTI), PO. Barajaguli, Dist: Nadia, Tel: 03473-222907, (Co-educational),
- District Institute of Education & Training, (upgraded Govt. PTTI), PO. Berhampore, Dist: Murshidabad, Tel: 03482-224140, (Co-educational, residential),
- District Institute of Education & Training, Belakoba (upgraded Govt. PTTI), PO. Prasannanagar, Dist: Jalpaiguri, Tel: 03561-240645, (Co-educational, residential),
- District Institute of Education & Training, (upgraded Govt. PTTI), PO. Cooch Behar, Dist: Cooch Behar, Tel: 03582-227235, (Co-educational, residential),
- Urdu medium Govt PTTI, Po. Nalikul, Dist: Hooghly, Tel: 03212 233702, (for Male candidates only),
- Sabrakone Govt. PTTI, PO. Sabrakone, Dist: Bankura, Tel: 03244-264456 (for Male candidates only),
- Bibhuti Bhusan Govt. PTTI, PO. Ghatbaur, Dist: North 24 Parganas, 03215-256896, (Co-educational),
- Kelomal Govt. PTTI, PO. Kelomal, Dist: Purba Medinipur, Tel: 03228-205916, (for Male candidates only),
- Jalpaiguri Govt. PTTI, PO: Jailpaiguri, Dist: Jalpaiguri, Tel: 03561-225682 (for Male candidates only)
- Dharmada Govt. PTTI, PO. Dharmada, Dist: Nadia, Tel: 03474-268362, (Co-educational),
- Ramkrishna Mission Boys’ Home Govt Sponsored PTTI, PO. Rahara, Dist: North 24 Parganas Tel: 2568 2850, (for Male candidates only),
- Md Bazar Govt Sponsored PTTI, Patelnagar, PO. Md Bazar, Dist: Birbhum Tel: 03462-260265, (co educational, residential),
- Ramkrishna Mission Sarada Mandir Govt Sponsored PTTI, Unit-II, PO. Sarisha, Dist: South 24 Parganas, Tel: 03174-245629, (for Female candidates only, residential),
- Saroj Nalini PTTI, 23/1 Ballygunge Station Road, Kolkata-700019, Tel: 2460-2383 (for Female candidates only),
- Brahmo PTTI, 211/1, Bidhan Sarani, Kolkata-700006, Tel: 2241-6896 (for Female candidates only),
- Vidyasagar Bani Bhavan PTTI, 294/3 Acharya Prafulla Chandra Road, Kolkata-700009, Tel: 2430 4630(for Female candidates only),
- United Missionary PTTI, 1 Ballygunge Circular Road, Kolkata-700019, Tel: 2290-3744 (for Female candidates only).
Educational qualification: Minimum educational qualification for admission (both for fresher and deputed candidates) is a pass in Higher Secondary (10+2) or equivalent examination from a recognized Board/Council securing at least 50% marks in aggregate. Relaxation upto 5% of marks shall be allowed in case of SC/ST/OBC/PH candidates. For the purpose of calculation of aggregate only marks obtained in 1st Language, 2nd Language and best of three elective subjects (excluding Environmental Science) will be considered. Candidates with higher qualification will not get any bonus marks. Selection of fresher candidates will be made strictly on the basis of results in the HS or equivalent examination.
Age: Minimum age for admission is 18 years as on 1.7.2011. Upper age limit for fresher candidates is 35 years (relaxable maximum upto 5 years in case of candidates belonging to SC, ST and PH category and maximum upto 3 years in case of candidates belonging to OBC candidates). Upper age limit for deputed candidates shall be 50 years (vide DSE’s No. 1591(100)-Sc/P dt. 18/5/1990).
Number of seats: Intake capacity of each institute is 50 (fifty) only. (Maximum 50% of seats may be filled up from amongst the deputed candidates).
Reservation of seats: Seats for the candidates belonging to SC, ST, OBC and PH categories are reserved in the usual ratio of 22%, 6%, 7% & 3% respectively. It is further notified that total number of candidates passing out of Vocational Stream Courses eligible for admission shall be not more than 4% of total seats (vide Board`s No. 963(19)/BPE/2009 dt 26/10/2009).
Charges: No tuition fee will be charged. However session charges including development fee, laboratory/library fees, electric charges, examination fees and other charges at the approved rate will have to be paid by the trainees. Boarding/Mess charges at the residential institutes will have to be paid by the trainees.
Medium of instruction: Medium of instruction is Bengali (except for Urdu medium Govt PTTI located at Nalikul, Dist: Hooghly where the medium is Urdu).
Medical fitness: A candidate applying for admission should be physically fit and free from any congenial diseases. Expectant mothers will not be considered for admission.
Application fees: A Fresher candidate shall have to enclose with his /her application one Crossed Bank Draft of ` 25/= (Rupees Twenty five only) in favour of the PTTI/DIET concerned on the specified Bank. List of Bank with branch is enclosed at Annexure – A. Candidates belonging to PH category are required to pay Crossed Bank Draft of Rs.15/- (Rupees Fifteen only).
Application form: All Fresher candidates should apply in plain paper (A4 size) in the format annexed hereto (Annexure – B). Candidates are advised to apply to one PTTI/DIET only. If a candidate is found to have applied to more than one PTTI/DIET in that event all his/her applications will be rejected. Enclosures: An applicant must enclose the following attested photocopies of certificates and other document in support of his/her candidature:
i) Admit card / certificate of MP or equivalent exam
ii) Marksheets of MP and HS or equivalent exam
iii) Caste/PH certificate
iv) Bank draft of ` 25/=
v) One recent passport size signed photographs (to be pasted on the application form)
Admission of deputed candidates: Willing untrained teacher candidates who have rendered minimum two years of service and fulfill all eligibility criteria may apply in the prescribed format through proper channel. Deputed candidates are not required to pay any application fees. However their applications must reach the institute of their choice within 15th June, 2011.
Rejection of application: Incomplete application or application without requisite enclosures or application fees/photographs will be rejected without any reference.
Publication of list of selected candidates: the list of candidates selected for admission shall be published by the respective institute. The list will also be posted in the School Education Department’s website www.wbsed.gov.in simultaneously. All interested candidates are requested to keep in touch with the institute concerned. No candidate will be intimated personally.
Last date: Application complete in all respect must reach the Principal of the PTTI/DIET of the candidate’s choice within 7th May, 2011 by 2.00 PM. Applications received after the closing date/time will not be considered.
Download Official notification and application form for admission in D. El. Ed course in Primary Teachers’ Training Institutes of West Bengal.